To many people, I am just another ordinary girl in an ordinary society. I fall in the upper middle class, so I hold many of the same social factors as my classmates. In my opinion, if you do not "step outside of the box", you will not be heard. To be heard, I believe that traveling is a way to step from the original and sometimes boring people in my society. Every summer since the fifth grade, I have made it a goal of mine to travel far out of state, and to experience new adventures every summer. Since this promise I made to myself, I have visited Puerto Rico, Mexico, Jamaica, Washington, Arizona, Florida, London, and my favorite so far, Paris, France.
With the exciting experiences I have gathered from my travels, I have enjoyed tying them to food. Food is a way to be creative, and to express yourself in a very yummy way! Very often, I make new recipes tied to the places I have traveled too. When people try my recipes and dishes, it is a chance for them to learn about who I am, but in a unique way.
I am so grateful to have the opportunities to visit such exotic places, so my goals are too spread my experiences. I believe that many people forget about how beautiful and different our world is. Every culture comes together like the individual threads and patterns of a quilt. In a quilt, the different threads, patterns, and colors come together to hold the blanket together as one whole. Culture is just like a quilt, without all the pieces being tied together, it would not be able to stand and work together. "Sahara's Desserts" will be able to spread my experiences to food and how they are related to sociology.
What other ways do e=you believe you can step out of the box. Also how do you plan to relate food to sociology. I love food as much as the next girl but how do my carbs relate to my behavior (besides making me want to nap)? I enjoy your post though it is very fun to know I will soon be able to think about our society while eating yumminess
ReplyDelete